Monday, March 26, 2007
Getty Museum Report- blog 1 for Museum Paper
I visited the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. It is located up on a hill, and can only be accessed by a tram that runs up and down throughout the day to the parking lot below. This creates a utopian atmosphere where people can "get away from it all" I didn't explore the whole museum, as i focused primarily on the photography exhibit. The exhibit was a network of rooms with an open feel, more like that of a large winding hallway. Each section included photography from one artist, and an explanation of that artist's inspirations, motivations, etc. It was organized randomly from what I could tell, though it had an overall theme of "Life in America," so all of the photographs related to a the American life in the second half of the 20th century. The photograph that made the biggest impact was one which was about 5 feet by 7 feet and was of a homeless man in some big city. The size made it stand out from the rest and gave it a serious gravity. I really like this exhibit, and I liked how it was quite simple and plain aside from the pictures displayed. If I could change one thing I would make the exhibit have more text explaining each of the photographs individually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment